Saturday, September 17, 2011

Colors/Patterns: Fall 2011

colors/patterns



Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are here reading my blog by choice, not because you couldn't find that article about cage fighting and have opted to read this instead. What I'm getting at is that if you're reading this, you probably care about fashion and so have observed at least a little of what's going in colors and patterns this season.

Polka dots are a big one (I've already blogged about this, sheesh)! They're cute, fun, and classic. Plus, anyone can wear them! Try combining a neutral polka dot with one of this season bright colors, such as orange or magenta.

I am not a fan of jade, nor am I fan of snake skin, but together they just work! Take the above Zara bag for instance. The combo is just meant to be. Go for a natural looking snake skin (real or fake), since unnaturally colored prints look tacky after a while.

Two of my favorite trends this Fall: leopard and burgundy! It can be tricky wearing an entire garment in leopard print, but don't be shy! Try a skirt or accessorize with the print. Belts and scarves are a good option. Burgundy, in all of it's regal splendor, looks great with the browns and camels found in leopard print.

4 comments:

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

A/W seems to be the same trends as last year as far as I can tell.. mainly 70s, androgyny and mustard/burgundy.. I can support all of those! Plus peter pan and fur collars are huge here at the moment.

CatieBeatty said...

I was looking at a french Vogue from three years ago and it everything looks exactly the same, haha. Fur and peter pan collars r big here too!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Just...off topic...
I OPENED MY MARIE CLAIRE AND THERE YOU WERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OHMYGOOOOSHHHHHHHH!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the comment my friend! Such a compliment!

Blogging tips