Monday, February 28, 2011

Seriously




My life is not crappy. I shouldn't whine, but sometimes things go the way of Majorly Dumb.



This past week was just one of those weeks. On top of my dog being sick, I think I've also messed up my foot. I was hoping it would stop bothering me, but it keeps getting worse. Last Monday I stepped in a crack and just the inside of my foot went in, which means the ball of foot got bent weird. It really didn't bother me much at first; didn't really even hurt when I did it, but now the ball of my foot is really sensitive and it worries me. Especially since it's the exact spot of an old injury I sustained when I was about 12.



A doctors appointment would be in order, but I have no insurance. That's right, four jobs, and none with benefits.

I want to wear heels again, but what if I never get to???? The thought inspires tears.



In these photos:
Vintage chambray romper
Vintage wool sweater
Urban Outfitters tights
Vintage Beret

9 comments:

Miriam said...

Sorry to hear about your foot, that really, really sucks. These photos are suitably forlorn, but also so beautiful!
I hope you can figure out what's wrong before it gets worse, maybe try to wrap it and keep it elevated with ice? I sprain my ankle all the time, but this is obviously different :S
Get well soon!
M xo

Jessica Marie said...

So sorry to hear about your misfortune, but you look fabulous! :) I'm in love with your tights!

Anonymous said...

Catie--be patient with it. Keep the foot propped up as much as possible (don't suppose any of your 4 jobs allow much of that). I turned my foot on the last day of December...approximately 6 weeks later, I could wear heels again.

CatieBeatty said...

Thanks ladies :)

You're right Terri, patience and rest are key.I sprained my ankle a couple years ago and it took about 2 months to properly heal. This doesn't even hurt that badly, but it's still worrisome because feet are important!

Collette Osuna said...

Aww hunnie...so sorry to hear about your foot...Id definitely give it some rest...perhaps a walkin clinic would be much cheaper if you need to be seen by a dr?

Good luck....keep us posted:)

Libby said...

I'm sorry to hear about your foot, and I hope it feels better soon! I love your outfit! Those tights are perfect for with your chambray shorts.

coco kailee said...

Your style is absolutely adorable! I love this outfit and I your hairstyle is so cute and so chic! :}


xoxo coco
www.muffintopbaby.com

Baby Budget Blog said...

I love the "majorly dumb' way of putting life's bowl of lemons. Hope everything works out in the end. Love the shorts!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Kara said...

Oh no about your foot!! :( You look super cute here if that's any consolation lol.
I injured my foot a couple of months ago too and I finally went to the doctor who made me an insole to wear but I was honestly scared I might never be able to wear heels again either! It was terrifying!! :( I can't imagine having to pay to go to the doctor! America is so weird! haha

xo

Blogging tips