Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ooh la la

I always hate showing a lot of leg, so this tights-and-knee-highs trend is right up my alley. It's not exactly subtle; it really draws attention to the legs; but I feel more covered up.

Plus, by some miracle, my legs have gotten slimmer!! I haven't lost weight, but for some reason I can wear more boots and these sheer tights suddenly look OK on me. I'm so happy because I LOVE BOOTS.

The shoes are from Forever21. They are basicly knock-offs of Miu Miu shoes from last Spring. They are massively uncomfortable and nearly impossible to walk in, but oh! are they lovely! I wore them on New Year's Eve but only because the festivities were at my own house. My friends made fun of me all night because I had to shuffle very carefully to get anywhere.


The bracelet is one my newest creations. The "stone" is called Goldstone, and I just found out it is actually a man-made mineral, comprised of silica, copper oxide, and other metal oxides. And there is your fact of the day! Anyway, I added the ribbon and the chain is gold-fill.

In these photos:
Vintage wool sweater
H&M scarf
Islay slip from Blackbird Ballard
H&M skirt
Forever21 socks and shoes

12 comments:

Jon & Laurel said...

LOVE THIS OUTFIT. You look so sleek and slender. And the bracelet is so lovely!

Collette Osuna said...

Love the outfit...the tights are great....wow, I saw those shoes back when...didnt order them...at least knowing they are uncomfortable makes me feel a bit better...lol

Stop by and say Hello:)
Editor, The Fashion 411 Magazine♥

Isabel Hendrix said...

this is such a nice look! I love your scarf... lovely!

http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

minnja said...

Looooove it:)

LOVE
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

Oooh, I am liking the shorter skirt and tights, lady! I love those F21 shoes as well but I totally have the same problem walking in them as you lol. Think I bought mine a size to big. Oh well, they're great for posing in! ;)

xo

CatieBeatty said...

Thanks Kara :)

Originally I bought mine a size too big because that's all they had, but I knew I would only be taking pictures in them, so I was ok with it. I ended up trading with my sister though. She had the same pair, but in a size too small :D

C said...

I love the combination of neutrals in this outfit; navy, gray, black, brown. They go so perfectly, and the thigh-highs are perfect!

Haiku Ambulance said...

Oh my dear.

I have those shoes. They are the WORST. I wish they didn't hurt so much because I do love them quite dearly. Damn Forever21 and their gorgeous, impractical knock-offs.

And the bracelet is gorgeous. That Goldstone is killer. Thanks for the knowledge :)

H. Ambulance

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful stone! And photo #1 is most excellent.

Kristin Wyly said...

For some reason, this entire outfit makes me think of American Apparel done right. This outfit looks so comfortable and chic!

theresa said...

i love your hair!!
and your outfit!

xoxoxo
theresa

theresaisyourhomie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

If you wear a size seven and decide to sell your forever 21 knock offs I would love to buy them! (:

Blogging tips