Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Skincare Routine

The beautiful Katerina from Beauty In Insanity asked me very nicely to write a post about my skincare routine and since I like her so much, I felt I should oblige. 

I've had quite a few compliments on my rosey complexion throughout my life. Sometimes nice, sometimes along the lines of "Were you just running?" I hated my pink cheeks when I was a kid, but now they keep me looking young. That, I'm sorry to say, comes from genetics. I'm as much Dutch as I am French and that side of the family is prone to ruddy complexions. I can't guarantee these products will make your skin as rosy as mine, but they're a start!

The Routine

1. If I'm not struck by a bout of laziness, I use an Aveeno Moisturizing Bar to wash off the day's make-up.

2. In the morning, I use Obiqo Gentle Face Scrub in the shower to wake up my skin. Alternatively, I use the homemade face polish mentioned in this post.

3. If my skin is teaching me a lesson about laziness, I apply lavender essential oil to my Red Badges of Irresponsibility. 

4. Resvology Age Corrective Eye Cream actually helps with puffiness and dark circles. For real!

5. If I'm planning on wearing foundation, I use Clinique's All About Eyes Serum since it soaks in faster. Works great to reduce puffiness!

6. At night, I use Obiqo Restoring Night Cream. I don't usually need moisturizer during the day, but sometimes I use Sibu Hydrating Serum.

Bonus Skincare: Sometimes my skin needs a good, deep cleanse, so I do the 1.2.3. Facial which is basically a simple homemade oil mask, a facial steam to open pores, and a good wash. Simple as that!

1 comment:

Keit said...

Yaaaaay! ^_^ So happy! I really appreciate the effort, thank you so much!
Gonna google those products now :D

Blogging tips