Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: Djaouida Skincare

Let me just begin with how soft my skin is! It's incredible! Feels like velvet, but not in a fuzzy way. 
review, skincare, facials, seattle, natural

I suppose I should explain things a little better. Today I had the pleasure of meeting Djaouida, a tall, charming esthetician with huge brown eyes and, you guessed it, perfect skin. I also had the pleasure of getting my very first facial. I wasn't totally sure my skin could handle all that cleansing and scrubbing and masking, but Djaouida knows what she's doing! I'm hooked! My skin looks and feels amazing and it was one of the most relaxing 75 minutes I've had in a long time. The facial also included an arm and hand massage, which was the clincher for me. Honestly, include some sort of massage and I'll do just about anything. (Dental fillings with a free neck massage? I'm there!) 

Lately, I've been having some minor problems with my skin. It just seems more reactive and I see rashes more frequently. I was a little worried about this, so I scheduled a European facial, which was listed on the site as suitable for sensitive skin. Turns out I made the right choice, as the European is perfect for customizing. All the other facials come with predetermined lotions, masks, etc., but the European can be tweaked for any skin type. The fact that Djaouida uses all natural products also helped dispel any worries about reacting to perfumes or harsh chemicals.

How gorgeous does my skin look now??
skincare, make up, seattle, blonde, short hair, fleur d'elise

Along with the European Facial, Djaouida also offers more decadent facials. I had to keep reminding myself when I was choosing a facial that "Catie, you don't get to eat these. They're just facials."

Click for more info!
Moroccan: Featuring pomegranate, yogurt & honey
Pumpkin: Detoxify & renew with pumpkin & clay
Hawaiian: Featuring coconut & tropical fruits
Goddess: All I have to say is CHOCOLATE

Definitely worth the drive out to West Seattle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! You are glowing :) I'm glad you went to Djaouida for your first facial. I went to her and it was divine! I've had not-so-good experiences in the past so I'm glad I found her.

Blogging tips