Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Look of the Day: Madewell dress & Fair Isle mittens

fleur d'elise, fair isle, winter, fashion, seattle, madewell dress, uniqlo
 It's only January, but I'm already sick of layers. They take so much work. You have to make sure you're warm enough and, at the same time, make sure they match well enough. It's easy to look crazy. That's why in the winter I usually end up wearing a lot more blue. It's a good color on me and goes with well with neutrals.  My look is obviously lacking a coat, but I sacrificed my comfort for the photos.

fleur d'elise, fair isle, winter, fashion, seattle, madewell dress, uniqlo

What are some of your tricks for layering?

rivet & sway, spitfire, fair isle, winter, fashion, seattle, madewell dress, uniqlo
I can't tell you how happy I am that I spent all that money on Uniqlo heat tech in London. That stuff is a godsend. I wear my t-shirt every day (wish I woulda bought a couple of those!). The leggings I'm wearing are also heat tech, which if you haven't heard, keeps you warm by both preventing heat loss and creating heat. It's pretty amazing stuff.

fleur d'elise, fair isle, winter, fashion, seattle, madewell dress, uniqlo
 Now that I think about it, almost everything in this outfit is new. The fair isle mittens were a lucky find at Value Village. The dress was aquired during a nerve racking purchase at Madewell last week (I wish their stuff wasn't so expensive!) Lastly, even though I've had the glasses for a while, I don't think I've featured them in an outfit until now. You may remember this post where I asked which frames my readers preferred. Well, I ended up with the Spitfires. They were my favorite from the beginning, and seem to be pretty popular with a lot of Rivet & Sway's customers.

fleur d'elise, fair isle, winter, fashion, seattle, madewell dress, uniqlo, vintage coach

Madewell sweatshirt dress - H&M cardigan (similar) - Primark infinity scarf (similar) - Vintage Coach purse - Uniqlo stirrup leggings (similar) - MIA flats - fair isle mittens (similar) - Rivet & Sway Spitfire frames

6 comments:

Judy said...

Lovely winter outfit. I wish I could wear more winter clothes down here in Miami. I think the mittens are adorable. I'm really into fair isle right now. And that's really awesome about the heat tights. I hadn't really heard about that before, being from a tropical place and all. It sounds terrific.

Kitsune-kun said...

just found you on chictopia! super cute outfit- love it!

Tori said...

Those mittens are absolutely adorable! :)
-Tori
www.fashiontrendsmore.com

Sarah | Cable Car Couture said...

Can I just tell you how much I love this outfit? The textures and prints pair together beautifully! Love love love.

Sarah
Cable Car Couture

barbaritapuca said...

me agrada la combinaciòn ;)

Anonymous said...

I love this look and I'm loving your blog too :) I've just moved to Washington state from Australia. I'm doing a post of mixing patterns and PNW style. Would you be okay if I use one of your images and link back to your post and blog?

http://nouveaunorthwesterners.com

Blogging tips