Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Look of the Day: Double Coated

winter fashion, seattle, street style, denim jacket, fleur d'elise
For the past few months my husband and I have been shaking our heads at J.Crew's styling in regards to denim jackets. Under a coat? That's just silly. Under a blazer? That's down-right ridiculous. Until, the other day, when I realized they might actually be onto something. I was lamenting the fact that it was too cold to wear my denim jacket, when I finally made the connection. Maybe J.Crew was just being J.Crew and layering things in weird ways, but a denim jacket under an outer coat actually makes sense to me now!

winter fashion, seattle, street style, denim jacket, fleur d'elise
However, a denim jacket under a blazer will never make sense. It would be so lumpy and uncomfortable!

winter fashion, seattle, street style, fleur d'elise, chloe flats
Sometimes I forget about my little Chloes; my babies. I hide them away like treasure, and then forget about them like a squirrel. Despite the cold, though, I've worn them two days in a row this week.

winter fashion, seattle, street style, denim jacket, fleur d'elise, chloe flats

denim, forever 21, seattle, street style, winter, 2013, fleur d'elise
Forever 21 coat (similar) - GAP denim jacket (similar) - GAP t-shirt - BDG cropped pants - Top Shop skater rib beanieAmerican Apparel tote bag -Chloe flats (similar)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

perfect coat!!

Unknown said...

I think the double jacket layering is very cool! It really works with the combination of denim and olive green. I'm loving your cute little shoes too. The ankle strap is a great detail and looks so cute with those pants.

Avec Amber said...

I agree with Jamie that the denim and olive goes really well together! This is a great winter outfit. =)

Avec Amber

Anonymous said...

I don't understand layering long sleeves either! I feel so bulky in them. But I do have to say that I love the denim jacket under that coat. It look effortless! And such cute flats too! Love the shoes! <3

toni

Boheme.Fille said...

Such a cool casual look! Love it!

P.S: I want to invite you to join my giveaway:
http://boheme-fille.blogspot.ro/2013/01/giveaway-80-msdressy-gift-voucher.html

Tori said...

That beanie is perfect!
-Tori
www.fashiontrendsmore.com

Tara said...

1. Double coat rulez!
2. How do you find the best stuff at f21 always?!
3. LOVE UR SHOEZ

xo, Debb

Rachel said...

I LOVE those shoes, and actually quite like the denim jacket layering...at least the way you do it. :)

Unknown said...

I Love Your Style!!! Great!!

http://ugolopez.blogspot.com.es/

greeting from spain, UGo

Blogging tips