Saturday, March 17, 2012

COVET. Charlotte Olympia Platform

Introducing my latest obsession, these Charlotte Olympia Platforms (more specifically, this painting I did of one). I can't find this specific style in any online shops, but you can pre-order this similar style at Nordstrom.

There's a scene in That Thing You Do, where they're having lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel; surrounded by that iconic banana leaf wallpaper. I remember, my 12 year old self, thinking "I want that wallpaper. I will have that wallpaper." Now, 15 years later, Charlotte Olympia has chosen it as a prominent pattern in her Spring 2012 collection. At prices that range from $625 for sandals, to $1,075 for the platforms, this pattern is still out of my reach.

At least, now I know I can replicate the pattern pretty well. Maybe I will just paint it on my walls.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I want this wallpaper too! Is it a good movie? I've never seen it

See U !

Tori said...

So pretty!<3
xoxo,
Tori
www.fashiontrendsmore.com

Ashley said...

Amazing painting! I've been hankering after lucite/clear plastic shoes myself lately. They're like modern day glass slippers.

LisaAnne said...

Wow, those are incredible! The pattern reminds me of the famed Cocoanut Grove & the lucite heel is like a chunky springolator. Fantastic find!
xx- Annalise
EstoyJeSuis.blogspot.com

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Charlotte Olympia can do no wrong. This is so pretty.

Blogging tips