Sunday, July 11, 2010

honey






I get pulled towards dark neutral colors. Of course they're slimming. Of course they make my hair pop. Half my clothes are navy blue, and then 1/4 is black. Needless to say, most of my outfits have little to no contrast. So I've been trying to bring more color into my wardrobe, especially in the pants and skirts department. I love this okra color, but it's sometimes hard to find unless you have $$$ to throw down at J.Crew (which sometimes I like to think I do). This knit skirt was a lucky find at a local Goodwill. It cost me a mere fiver. It's so lovely and warm like toast with honey and I think I want to wear right now. Yes, I'm going to go change for the third time today.

The combination of yellow and okra just barely works with my shade of blond; I might be a bit too golden-blond for it. This color combination would look stunning on someone with dark brown or cool platinum hair.

Top from H&M

2 comments:

Kara said...

hey girl! checkin out your blog via chictopia!

these colours look great on you! can't believe you found this skirt at the goodwill- what a great find! love your hair too! Such a great style for you! :)

Check out my blog if you get a chance!!

xo

http://kara-ofmomentsinmoonlight.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love this skirt too! Lately, I'd been wondering why all my chictopia photos looked so "faded" and I finally decided it was because of the predominance of grey in my wardrobe. Last night I counted 30+ pieces, so I know what you mean about breaking out of our habits!

Blogging tips