Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Look of the Day: Spring Patterns

Pattern Mixing, seattle, street style, fleur d'elise, neon, clutch, tribal
This past weekend, Seattle was blessed with sunny, fair weather. It felt like Spring, despite the chilly breeze. I tried to dress like the wind didn't exist and ended up freezing by the evening on both Friday and Saturday. It's hard not to get overly exited by sun in March. Thank goodness Spring is only a week away!

Rivet and Sway, Pattern Mixing, seattle, street style, fleur d'elise, neon, South American, full skirt, cat eye glassesPattern Mixing, seattle, street style, fleur d'elise, neon, South American, full skirt, cat eye glasses
I took these photos out back, but the very bright photos were shot on the roof again. It was too sunny up there so it was hard to get good shots where my face wasn't all squished up and grumpy-looking. The reflective coating on the roof makes it very warm, as well as bright, so it always feels like summer up there! I'm still experimenting, but I think the roof is going to be a good place to shoot photos on darker days.

vintage, bracelet, beetle, seattle, street style, fleur d'elise, neon, clutch, fringe, accessories
My mom made this amazing bracelet for me last year. The beetle is an old clasp of some sort, which she attached to a piece of velvet. I love bugs, especially beetles, so I'm pretty crazy about this bracelet!

Pattern Mixing, seattle, street style, fleur d'elise, neon, South American, full skirt, cat eye glasses
Too bright.

Rivet and Sway, Pattern Mixing, seattle, street style, fleur d'elise, neon, South American, full skirt, cat eye glasses
I'm so glad I bought this blazer. A blazer is one of those items that every closet needs. It goes with almost everything; even this colorful, pattern-saturated outfit!

H&M striped shirt (similar)- H&M blazer - thrifted skirt (similar)- H&M purse (similar)- handmade bracelet - Banana Republic sling-backs (similar) - Rivet & Sway Spitfire frames

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This blue blazer really is a great staple piece. It's so cute with your striped top. I really like the fun mix of prints in this outfit too. And, of course, your glasses are adorable. I wish I had a pair like yours!

Anonymous said...

I hope I can send some of my hot weather up there for you! :) It got quite toasty here today. I love the striped top paired with that skirt! Such a fun mix of prints! <3

toni

Sybil said...

so well put together!! I'm so jealous you can pull off that midi-length!!! you look amazing!! :D

Click me for my NEW BLOG

The Photogramps said...

I'm in love with the pattern and cut of that skirt. Great photos too. You should keep experimenting with the roof. Go up there about 45 minutes before sunset. The light will be so warm and when facing the sun it makes your skin look amazing. If you shoot with the sun behind you, you can get some radical lens flare too!!! (Depending on the camera you're working with). I love playing around at different times of the day with different light! I've been wanting to take some night shots with a flash lately too!
xo
ashley
www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

WOW! You rock this outfit...I LOVE the prints and color :). I also LOVE the bug bracelet and the story behind it! How sweet for your mom to make you it :) XOXO!

Courtney

http://cupcakeobsessions.blogspot.com/

Blogging tips