Friday, March 8, 2013

Frida the Mini Corgi

burberry, seattle, pattern mixing, trench coat, stripes, street style, fleur d'elise, corgi mix, plaidburberry, seattle, pattern mixing, trench coat, stripes, street style, fleur d'elise, corgi mix, plaid
Okay, so she's not really a mini corgi, but she's the closest thing to it! She's half corgi, half chihuahua. She has the short legs, a cropped tail and huge ears, just like a corgi, though! The only chihuahua traits she got were the buggy eyes, which have been making me laugh for almost 10 years.

corgi mix, chihuahua, chigi, cute dog
She was really excited to be outside, off a leash, and spent most of the time scampering around trying to figure out how to get off the roof. I had a hard time getting a photo that wasn't blurred by motion.

burberry, seattle, trench coat, stripes, street style, fleur d'elise
 I had quite a spate of thrifting luck last month. One of my amazing finds was this vintage Burberry trench coat that fits like a glove. I'm usually swimming in vintage coats, but I knew it was Thrifting Destiny the minute I laid eyes on it. It even has slightly shorter sleeves, which I prefer in a coat. My husband makes fun of me, but honestly, a cropped sleeve is so much more flattering! 

The coat is missing the liner, but that just means I'll reserve it for the milder seasons.

burberry, seattle, pattern mixing, trench coat, stripes, street style, fleur d'elise, plaid
As you may know, pattern mixing is "in" and, well, it just makes for fun outfits. A good point to remember is "When in doubt, color coordinate!" This can make any outfit look more pulled together.

burberry, seattle, pattern mixing, trench coat, stripes, street style, fleur d'elise, corgi mix, plaid
Frida is known for her bewildered/worried expressions. 

Vintage Burberry Coat - H&M striped shirt - PINK cardigan (similar) - H&M mini skirt (similar)- H&M scarf (similar) - Etienne Aigner boots (similar)

7 comments:

Sixth Tractate said...

Too cute!!! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & if you like, following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

sixthtractate.blogspot.com

Cee said...

I always wondered if Frida was part corgi - she has exactly the right length to width ratio! Seriously, she's adorable, I lovthe face she's making as she's running towards the camera in the second photo. And can we talk about the fact that you not only thrifted a Burberry trench, but a Burberry trench that doesn't require alteration? I'm ridiculously envious. But I think I might be equally envious of your boots, they look like one of those high quality last forever pairs that I know I should buy but never do because in my silly in the moment logic, I could get ten things at Zara for the same price. Worst shopper ever right here ;)
xox,
Cee

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you thrifted that coat!! I've been wanting to find a thrifted Burberry coat for years. Lucky you! Frida is so cute! I like her buggy eyes. :)

toni

Unknown said...

Aw she's so cute! I love her bug eyes! She definitely looks like a mini corgi.
I also really love your print mixing here. The leopard print cardigan looks perfect with your striped top.

Gray Cat Can Fly said...

I love your style :)
Perfect mix of pattern.

Gray Cat Can Fly

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

adorable dog!!
And you're rocking this outfit.
Also loving your hair!!
xo,
nancy

http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

Nana said...

aww so cute!!! :D
I love your outfit. great photos.

Blogging tips