Friday, January 7, 2011

Practicality



The Holidays are over, so now it's time to get down to business and trudge through this season we call Winter. Blah.

I'm doing practical, grown-up things, like paying bills, not eating candy (New Year's Resolution), and buying sturdy leather boots. Ok, so buying sturdy leather boots is actually quite enjoyable. I just found these Etienne Aigner boots today. They are brand new and were only $40! I was heading to one of the thrift stores I visit ever so often, and thought "Maybe they will have lots of boots today." When my intuition kicks in, it really kicks in. They must have decided to put all the good boots out just as I thought that. There were several gorgeous pairs, but this pair one because they fit the best. Another pair I wanted badly were a brogue style made of super-soft burgundy leather. I could only get my foot in about 4 inches. I'm not going to complain though, because I ended up with a really good pair of boots!

Hope you all had a good New Year :)

8 comments:

Kirstin said...

You always look so sophisticated my dear!
Since you take your own photos I thought I would let you know about my new feature, its all explained on my blog! I had you in mind for it!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/2011/01/calling-all-creative-bloggers-for-my.html

Anonymous said...

What a find, Catie! I have a couple of pair of Aigner heels that I will have forever. I know what you mean about thrift intuition.

Collette Osuna said...

Seriously in LOVE with your boots!!! So Happy to see you back hunnie...and way to go on the New Years Resolution....keep up the good work:)

Stop by and say Hello:)

Come be a part of my new online fashion magazine!!♥

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} said...

What a fabulous find! I love when that happens; finding exactly what you've been in need/want of and for a fantastic price!

xo www.RavingFashionista.com

C said...

Yep, those boots are faaaaantastic. I'm jealous!

Erica said...

Great find, loving those boots

Haiku Ambulance said...

OooOOOhhhh, those boots are KILLER!

The shine on them is brilliant and I love the sleek, simple, sort of equestrian look you wore them with.

Glad you're back, Miss Catie! And sorry about the candy.

That would kill me.

H. Ambulance

Teresa said...

Love those riding boots!

invasionista

Blogging tips